Friday, April 13, 2007

The Beauty of Nature

This was me today. This is me every week during summers. It's the summer version of the Island of Thoughts. During winter I'll just take a bath and drift off, but during summer and when it's lovely weather like it was today (18*C, blue-ish sky, loads of sunshine), I go to the river nearby and just sit, like on that photo.

I can just sit there for hours, staring into nothing, just watching the boats come by, thinking, writing poems, writing letters, listening to my MP3-player, doing nothing at all... It's just beautiful. To just sit there and be overwhelmed by nature's beauty. The water, the grass, the trees, wind..
Just to feel the sun on your face and tell me what you're thinking...

The Beauty of Nature, it's overwhelming and makes you feel so small. Just to sit there and think of what nature is and what it's capable of.
Days like these make me appreciate the little things in life so much more.

I love The Netherlands, especially on days like these. :)

1 comment:

Charlie said...

As long as you're not into hills eh, Ester! (cheeky lol)

Seriously though, the nature thing is what truly makes us feel alive. Human interaction works too, but there's too many downsides with that.